Please note, new blog at http://www.acheron.org/darryl/

OPTGROUP most unused tag?

I can't believe I've never used the OPTGROUP HTML tag before. It allows you to quickly group together items within a select list, and the groups themselves are non-selectable. <select> <optgroup label="Group 1"> <option value="1">Item 1</option> <option value="2">Item 2</option> </optgroup> <optgroup label="Group 2"> <option value="3">Item 3</option> <option value="4">Item 4</option> </optgroup> </select>

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/02/2005 01:37:00 am  

thats funny, I have never even heard of the tag. Nice find



By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/02/2005 02:34:00 am  

VERY cool. never in my 11 years have i heard of that one...

good find!

tony



By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/02/2005 02:21:00 pm  

I found it in some code at work, so I can't claim responsibility for finding it. But yeah, very useful.



» Post a Comment