Please note, new blog at http://www.acheron.org/darryl/

Why Interfaces are not in CFMX7

I just read, via Sean Corfield's Blog, a review of ColdFusion MX 7 by Brian Kotek. The thing that interested me is that he wondered why features such as Interfaces (blue-prints for objects) and a CFIMAGE tag were not included in the release. Interfaces have been a point of discussion a number of times in my workplace, and we could have really used them on a number of occasions (especially with growing developer numbers). Macromedia ColdFusion MX 7 product manager, Dave Gruber, replied to the article with Macromedia's reasons for not including them. I can see his point, but hopefully the features won't always be left on the scrap heap with future releases. Within the next release, I would also like to seei mproved and updated CFSCRIPT syntax.

» Post a Comment